Fated by Alyson Noel

Fated by Alyson Noel
Release date: May, 2012
Pages: 352
Source: Borrowed

My feelings:

Description:
Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.
There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.

My Review:
Have I just found my new favourite series? Well, the second book Echo is going to be read next and then I will let you know. But, for now can I just tell you Fated is awesome! 

I absolutley love Fated. The characters are great, well developed and have depth to them. Daire is caring, strong, hardworking character. I love that Daire never gave up and stood her ground. Daires grandmother was another great character. She was so sweet and a bit mysterious. You could really tell she adored her granddaughter. 

There was a little bit of romance in the book, but it wasn't dominant. The plot is more about Daire finding out who she really is, what she can and should do. Everything was so well and beautiful described. I really felt like I was in this little town called Enchantment. 

I could not get enough of the story and I admit I did a happy dance when my library had Echo, book number 2, on the shelves. I recommend Fated to everyone who needs a good paranormal story!

Melliane  – (27 november 2017 om 04:25)  

I tried a few books by the author in French so I don't remember if it was this one but I remember stopping after a few...

Nina  – (27 november 2017 om 04:31)  

@Melliane: Oh no, I hope it's not this one!

Kindlemom  – (27 november 2017 om 05:51)  

I think I read the first two books in this series as well and then never continued, if I'm remembering right. I can't remember why though. I should look into it more I guess LOL. Glad you liked this so much!

Nina  – (27 november 2017 om 05:58)  

@Kindlemom: I'm really curious now! I really loved the first book, now I'm super scared that the rest of the series is going to be a let-down.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer  – (27 november 2017 om 06:32)  

This looks good from the town to the characters.

Nina  – (27 november 2017 om 06:38)  

@Kimberly: It is! And who doesn't love a town called Enchantment? :)

bermudaonion  – (27 november 2017 om 12:21)  

I bet my sister would love this too.

Nadene  – (27 november 2017 om 18:50)  

This sounds exciting. I hope the second book will be as good.

Carole Wooten  – (27 november 2017 om 19:10)  

I have heard great things about this author but haven't read any of her books yet. I am so glad you enjoyed this one as much as you did.

Nina  – (28 november 2017 om 10:11)  

@Carole Wooten: I really did. I adored it!

@Nadene: Going to start tonight!

@bermudaonion: Please do recommend!

@Blodeuedd: Totally! :)

Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads  – (28 november 2017 om 11:02)  

This does sound like a fun read, will have to check it out :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (28 november 2017 om 12:37)  

I had forgotten about this series! I have wanted to read it and it looks like I need to seek it out at the library! Brilly review.

Susan  – (28 november 2017 om 14:31)  

This one sounds intriguing! I love the time-stopping element.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT today and leaving me a comment. I appreciate it!

Shell  – (28 november 2017 om 18:18)  

It's been a long time since I picked up an Alyson Noel book. I think the last one I read was the fourth or fifth book in her Evermore series. Have you read those?

Suzanne at The Bookish Libra  – (28 november 2017 om 19:19)  

It's always so exciting to find new series to love. This one sounds great so I really hope you enjoy the second book just as much. :)

Nina  – (29 november 2017 om 06:24)  

@Suzanne: Me too! I really love it when I find new series that I adore! But, too bad it doesn't happen very often.

@Shell: I haven't read those! Are they good?

@Susan: You're welcome!

@Melissa: I borrowed them at the library as well. If I really adore the rest of the series, then I might buy them. :)

Lauren  – (29 november 2017 om 09:31)  

Daire does sound like a great main character, and it's good to know that the book focuses more on Daire's growth than romance. I like romance as much as the next person, but sometimes it's nice to have it on the back burner in a book. Great review, Nina! :)

Nina  – (30 november 2017 om 10:01)  

@Lauren: She is indeed a great character. I loved her spunk. The book focuses more on the powers Daire has.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP