Goodbye NOVEMBER & Hello to DECEMBER 2017

Goodbye NOVEMBER 2017:

Books read this month:

Fated by Alyson Noel 5/5
My Year of Epic Rock by Andrea Pyros 4/5
The Dreamhouse by Nicole Thorn 4/5
Any Way You Slice It by Kristine Carlson Asselin 4/5
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira 2/5
45 pounds by K.A. Barson 4/5

Currently reading:
Heir Ascendant by Matthew S.Cox (55% in and so far, so good. 
Echo by Alyson Noel (Will finish it tonight!)

My thoughts for NOVEMBER: 
November has gone by too quickly. I really thought I didn't had much time to
read, but my trainrides to and from work were mostly spend reading. So yay for
trainrides! 

This month I read six books, which is amazing! My favourite book of the month is Fated by Alyson Noel. I loved the characters, the plot was interesting and solid and the descriptions were beautiful. 

Almost every teacher had the flu or had the cold, including me! Last week I lost my voice, but I still went to work and almost couldn't talk. Fun! My voice is getting better, thank you honey and tea. Always works for me. That and rest.

Hello DECEMBER 2017

Books to read this month:
Saturday I'm going to the library and I'm just going to browse and pick some 
books up that I really want to read in December.
I do have these on the shelves that I still need to read:
Wake by Amanda Hocking
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


My thoughts for DECEMBER: 
Next week, 5 december, we're going to celebrate Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas). It's going to be a hectic week. My students have to buy eachother presents and write a poem. I'm looking forward to their poems. I hope they create something beautiful. 

Then when that's over, we need to decorate our classroom for Christmas. I do look forward to Sinterklaas, Christmas and just some vacationdays! Yes! 

Did you have a great reading month? 

Blodeuedd  – (29 november 2017 om 08:39)  

I am sure the classroom will look lovely :D

Nina  – (29 november 2017 om 09:10)  

@Blodeuedd: I hope so! :)

Lauren  – (29 november 2017 om 09:29)  

It's been so long since I've read a book by Alyson Noel. I'll have to look into Fated! That's too bad about getting sick but at least it's improving. Honey and tea always works for me too :) Good luck with Sinterklaas!

fredamans  – (29 november 2017 om 12:01)  

I loved Fated too! I have the birds from the beginning of the chapters tattooed on my wrist.:-)
Happy December!

Midnight Cowgirl  – (29 november 2017 om 12:55)  

The cover for Fated is so pretty!

Nina  – (30 november 2017 om 10:03)  

@Midnight Cowgirl: I really love the cover too! The colour is so nice.

@fredamans: How cool! I love that!

@Lauren: Thank you! Today the kids made Sinterklaas decorations. They had a lot of fun! I'll probably will post some pictures next week.

Shell  – (2 december 2017 om 07:34)  

November did go by really fast! I can't believe it's already almost Christmas! (And, like you were saying, it's almost holiday vacation time!)

Your classroom plans sound like a lot of fun. I hope the kids enjoy it.

Nina  – (2 december 2017 om 08:42)  

@Shell: Me too! Tuesday it's Sinterklaas and the kids made some nice decorations. Looking forward to that hectic, but fun day!

@bermudaonion: I'm feeling better, thank you. I just have a terrible cough.

Literary Feline  – (2 december 2017 om 09:04)  

It looks like you had a good reading month. I read six books this past month too, which I'm very proud of too! Fated looks really good!

I am so sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better. Something is going around my office too. I keep hoping I can avoid catching it.

I hope you have a nice visit to the library! We probably won't get to go this month with everything else going on. Makes me sad. I know it should be a priority, but I just tell myself we have so many children's books in the house already that we will survive.

I keep hearing great things about Anna Dressed in Blood, and I have enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's work in the past.

Good luck with next week! It sounds like it will be busy, but lots of fun.

Have a great week, Nina!

Nina  – (2 december 2017 om 10:40)  

@Literary Feline: Thank you for your comment! :) We both should be really proud. I had months that I haven't read any or just one book. :(

Still have a nasty cough, but I feel better.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer  – (2 december 2017 om 11:22)  

You had a good month. I agree it went by much too fast. So many people I know had the flu in November. Thank goodness we had our flu shots.

vvb32 reads  – (2 december 2017 om 11:24)  

Happy December and Sinterklaas! I love those chocolate letters ;-)

Just Another Girl and Her Books  – (2 december 2017 om 12:03)  

Your post reminds me that I need to get treats for Saint Nick to deliver to my kids (I'm a bad mom and tend to forget pretty much every year, granted it's a new tradition I've tried to start since we've been living in Europe).

Anna Dressed in Blood sounds really intriguing.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Shooting Stars Mag  – (2 december 2017 om 22:20)  

I loved celebrating St. Nick when I was younger, so that's awesome you do Sinterklaas with your class! I hope they write some awesome poems. :)

Great job on your reading last month! I hope you have a successful December!

-lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Nina  – (3 december 2017 om 03:19)  

@Lauren: Me too! I'm looking forward to Tuesday. Thank you! I hope my December reading month will be great.

@Just Another Girl and her Books: Haha! Right now in the supermarkets there are a lot of treats to buy, think of chocolate letters and 'pepernoten'. Yummy.

@vvb32: Me too, especially those made of white chocolate.

Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads  – (3 december 2017 om 11:04)  

Honey and tea always does the trick! Hope your voice will be back to normal soon and that you'll have a fun Sinterklaas with the students!

Nina  – (3 december 2017 om 12:29)  

@Lindsey: Today my voice is still lost! Hopefully it will find it's way back, cause I need it. :) Drinking lots of tea with honey. Oh and green tea.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer  – (3 december 2017 om 15:45)  

I feel like I commented on this, but perhaps my brain has turned to mush. In any case, I love a trip to the library and hope you discover some new reads.

Nina  – (4 december 2017 om 04:01)  

@Kimberly: Haha! No problem, I love getting comments. :) I discovered some new books and I'm going to try to at least go once per month to the library. Saturday they had fantastic books on the shelves. Even some great Dutch ones.

Heather G.  – (4 december 2017 om 11:07)  

I loved Anna Dressed in Blood and its sequel. She is a fantastic young adult author! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Heather G.  – (4 december 2017 om 11:08)  

Oh and I had a great reading in November. So many great nonfiction reads last month. I'm hoping to get a few more fiction reads in this month, though!

Carole Wooten  – (4 december 2017 om 17:36)  

It sounds like you had a great November and read some really great books. I hope you have a wonderful December, Nina!

Nina  – (5 december 2017 om 09:55)  

@Heather G: Me too! I heard some great things about the book. Looking forward starting it. Next year I really want to join the November Non-fiction month.

@Carole: A really great November! Thank you! Looking forward to Christmas.

Suzanne at The Bookish Libra  – (6 december 2017 om 16:35)  

November really did fly by way too quickly. I can't believe Christmas is already just a few short weeks away. I hope December is a great reading month for you :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz  – (10 december 2017 om 07:18)  

I’d love to see how you decorate your classroom for the holidays.

Nina  – (11 december 2017 om 03:22)  

@Suzanne: So far December has been really good to me! Fingers crossed it will stay that way!

@Deb Nance: I will post some pictures very soon on the blog! :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP