The Dreamhouse by Nicole Thorn

The Dreamhouse by Nicole Thorn 
Release date: October, 2017
Pages: 334
Source: Received from Curiosity Quills Press

My feelings: 

Description:
Layla Hall is one of the Paperdolls. Four girls were kidnapped at the age of twelve, and held in an underground bunker that they called ‘The Dollhouse’. Seven years later, they’re free from their captor, and trying to rebuild their lives. Layla distracts herself with other people’s pain. She wants to heal them, and Bennett needs healing. 
Bennett Posey is broken. He knows it, and everyone in his life knows it. His life changes when he decides to end it. Before he does, he calls the crisis hotline that Layla volunteers at. She promises him that life will get better, and that she would show him. 
Bennett is gone from the start, obsessed with the girl who makes life hurt a little less. She can make him forget about his abusive mother, and passive father. He thinks he deserves what he gets, so what does it matter if they hurt him? As long as Layla doesn’t find out, everything will be fine. It has to be fine.

My Review:
I haven't read the first book in the Paperdolls series, but when I read the description of The Dreamhouse I was excited to read it. Yes, I know. Who does that? Well, me apparantly.  I do recommend that you read the first book first, but you don't need it to understand/follow The Dreamhouse

Layla is such a strong character. She has gone through literally HELL and how she deals with her and Bennet situation is pretty amazing. This girl needs an standing ovation. I didn't get to know the other characters very well, but that's really because the story is all about Layla and Bennets relationship.

I usually don't cry while reading a book, mostly because I'm not a fan of sad stories, but when Layla was giving her speech I cried my eyes out. The speech she gave was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. I got very emotional reading it.


The ending was way too 'perfect'. I could not believe Layla parents reaction to the "news" 
and that's why I'm not sure how I feel about their 'ending'. If the ending was more realistic, I probably would have given this book 5 hearts.

Even with the ending being to unrealistic for me, I did loved reading The Dreamhouse by Nicole Thorn. 

*I recently received the first book for review, so I will be reading the first book very soon. 

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer  – (20 november 2017 om 07:31)  

You have me curious. I think I would grab book one first though.

Nina  – (20 november 2017 om 07:38)  

@Kimberly: Yay! I hope you get it and love it! It's really good.

Lily B  – (20 november 2017 om 10:10)  

humm gonna try the first book, it looks kind of interesting but don't think I have heard of the first one o.o

bermudaonion  – (20 november 2017 om 11:10)  

If a book makes me cry, I know it's well written.

Nadene  – (20 november 2017 om 16:12)  

This is new to me. I love the sound of it though. I will check out book one. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 november 2017 om 18:59)  

Aw too bad about the ending, but at least it was a good cry. I'm like you, I don't like books that make you cry but sometimes that means it is good and has you interested.

The Readdicts  – (20 november 2017 om 22:22)  

Even I usually don't cry while reading books but some scenes hit you hard. I hadn't seen this book before so thanks for letting me know about it. Will check it out :)

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Melliane  – (21 november 2017 om 04:19)  

LOL I'm good at reading out of order so I totally get you! In any case I'm glad you weren't lost and that you managed to had a good time with the story

Sarah @ A Weebish Book Blog  – (21 november 2017 om 07:06)  

I'd probably grab book one first, but wow does this review has me curious! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on book one :)

Nina  – (22 november 2017 om 05:04)  

@Lily B: Before I heard of this one, I never heard of this series aswell. But, I can tell you it's really good. Well, the second book is. :) I hope you try it out.

@bermudaonion: Yes, that's true!

@Blodeuedd: True! She does has gone through so many bad things in live, that you feel for her.

@Nadene: Yay! You're welcome

Nina  – (22 november 2017 om 05:09)  

@Melissa: You're so right. I'm not a fan of sad stories, I like those uplifting or scary ones. :)

@The Readdicts: The scene with the speech hit me hard! Real hard.

@Melliane: Haha! Sometimes I feel bad for reading out of order. I mean what if the first book is really good.. And when the second/third book spoils book one for me (which is obvious) I usually want to read the next book and don't go back.

@Sarah: Woohoo!

Verushka Byrow  – (26 november 2017 om 03:16)  

oh, I need to read this -- especially, if it's so emotional it made you cry! Aw!

Nina  – (26 november 2017 om 06:50)  

@Verushka Byrow: Please do read it! It's really good.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP